The allied health workforce is growing rapidly as demand grows across the aged care, mental health, disability and health sectors. Allied health professionals provide a broad range of diagnostic, technical, therapeutic and direct health services to improve the health and wellbeing of the consumers they support.
Allied Health Professions Australia, in its role as the national voice for allied health in Australia, has defined an allied health profession in the following way.
An allied health profession is one which has:
- a direct patient care role and may have application to broader public health outcomes
- a national professional organisation with a code of ethics/conduct and clearly defined membership requirements
- university health sciences courses (not medical, dental or nursing) at AQF Level 7 or higher, accredited by their relevant national accreditation body
- clearly articulated national entry level competency standards and assessment procedures
- a defined core scope of practice
- robust and enforceable regulatory mechanisms.
Furthermore, the profession must consist of allied health professionals who:
- are autonomous practitioners
- practice in an evidence-based paradigm, using an internationally recognised body of knowledge to protect, restore and maintain optimal physical, sensory, psychological, cognitive, social and cultural function
- may utilise or supervise assistants, technicians and support workers.
Our doctors are qualified to conduct skin and mole checks including: Screening, Detection, Biopsy. Treatment plans including cryotherapy and minor surgery, Referral to plastic surgeons or dermatologist.
Travel health & immunisations
Everwell Medical Centre is an accredited travel vaccination practice. We carry a stock of common travel vaccines including Yellow Fever. Our doctors advise you to discuss travel medicine with them well before you intend to travel.
Chronic disease management
We offer GP management plans, GP mental health plans and team care arrangements. This provides access to services from many allied health practitioners and psychologists.